Thursday, July 14, 2005

I didn't make the height requirement for Mountain Troll :(
















I'm sure that some of you are wondering what on earth I am doing in this picture. Well first of all I would like to let you know that I have finally figured out how to post pictures on my blog! It only took a few months as well. Some of you may be thinking "wow this girl is technologically challanged!" but in my defence I would like to say that honestly I'm so busy that I don't have all that much time to try and play around on the computer to figure these things out.

Anyway about the picture. Well I mentioned that recently I had been down to Tamworth to visit my friend Fiona, and this is when that picture was taken, but really it goes back a long way before that....all the way back to about February. Yep, February because that's when Steve's birthday was. I decided to buy Steve some Lord of The Rings Top Trumps cards. We don't have them in Canada but they're great fun. Espcially if you're an geek about films like Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, or even about Friends! Anyway after Steve opened his cards we decided to play a round. Basically each card is a character and has the stats underneath their picture (height, weight, magic, tolerance to the Ring etc,) and whoever goes first chooses a stat to compare with the other person. If theirs is higher then they get the other players card, but if it's not they have to surrender their card. You keep playing like this until someone has all the cards. Well I had been dealt a pretty sad hand of cards. The only good card I had was the Mountain Troll because he was incredibly tall. Eventually Steve managed to steal it from me which then led to my downfall! Grrrrrrr! So that is where the whole Mountain Troll bit comes from. Heather is such a great sport to put up with all the nonsense that went on in her house! I think that one day I shall make her a certificate for being such a great sport.

Now back to the picture. While I was down in Tamworth we went to a discovery type museum in Stibston (??) which also featured a coliery mine tour. There were these tunnels inside made to look like mines and were meant for kids to be climbing around in. Well, I think that being a youth worker entitles me to qualify as a "big" kid so Fiona and I went crawling around and took some photos. I think that John, her fiance, wasn't sure what to think! Well I decided that being in a mine I needed to pose scary because of all the stories of mine monsters, but I didn't think that I made the height requirement for a mountain troll, as sad as that is because it was so much my ambition to be an honourary Mountain Troll. Maybe one day?....In the end I just had to face reality and accept that the most I could be was a Mine Monster.

No comments: