Thursday, June 15, 2006

Catching Up With Life

Back to Morpeth. Where does the time fly? It almost feels as though the last two months were some sort of time warp and perhaps they didn't really happen...They most certainly did though and I'm so glad! I had such a great time at Capernwray and I would go back there in a second if the opportunity arose.

What did I learn? Well according to our principal, we learned nothing. We heard a lot of stuff but we don't learn anything until we leave and start living our lives. That's when we learn the things we were taught. I'm thinking that learning will probably be the hard part of everything. Already I think I'm learning lots being back. I'm learning that unfortunately Bible School isn't real life. I've come back into a particularly stressful time at work and I'm finding it a bit of a struggle not to just slip back into the rut of things as if nothing happened but to hold onto the changes that took place in my heart while I was away. I guess it's the same sort of syndrome that happens when you come back from a week of youth camp or a weekend youth convention. You feel pumped up and ready to go and then you take the exit back into reality and you seem to merge right back into the regular stream of traffic you were on before you left. However, I'm trying hard to make a conscious decision not to let that happen.

But, going back to my original point of what I learned...we actually covered so much material! We looked at Kings, Song of Songs, Joshua, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, 1 John, Galatians, Ephesians, Revelation, 1 & 2 Timothy, missions, relationships, Christian dynamics, the doctrine of salvation, who needs Theology....and more I'm sure that I can't think of. Some of the lectures were better than others but it was all good sound teaching. I think I learned a lot just being in the environment I was with so many other Christians. It was so encouraging to see Jesus being lived out through other's lives around me. What a blessing as well to be able to make some amazing friends! Most of the students were from North America which was great because I was able to have some good ol' North American fun! (whatever that means, I'm not sure, I think it's just an excuse to let my hair down!) I know I learned a lot about myself as well. I went away thinking I was going to get some specific direction for the future but found that it was more of a time for God to work in my heart and for me to catch up with life and the experiences I've had so far. A bit of space outside of the norm which is probably what we all need at times.

Anyway hopefully I'll be able to update a bit more frequently now that I'm back. I have lots of stories to keep me going for a long time!

I'll post some pictures soon!
Jenny*

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey Jenny,
Welcome back, it's good to have you back on blogger and I love the pictures!

I'm sad returning has been a return to busy and stress land. Sadly we live in a society where the pressure all around us is to live beyond top speed. It takes a firm decision to not go with the flow that sweeps everyone else along, I really hope you manage to make that stand and live life at God's pace letting Him carry all the stresses, hurts and anxieties. The temptation is to spend most of our time 'Catching up with life' but God's call is to live it at His pace. Jesus lived life at God's pace, not man's and was never in a rush or stressed about getting everything done - that's where I'm aiming for and I hope you get there too.

God bless you and see you soon - YAY!
Lotsa love,
Steve