Saturday, February 18, 2006

Left Behind

Shrek: "WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?"
Donkey: Because...(singing)...: Cause I'm all alone. There's no one here beside me..."

Well, if only I had some people to follow!

Yes..it is the Saturday after schools have broken up for half term and I have officially been abandoned. Ok well not quite yet, there's still some guest staying at the Hatch's until tomorrow. But THEN I will have officially been abandoned. Mike has gone off to Germany, Lisa has gone home to Lancashire and the Hatch's are off skiing in France. It'll be nice to have some space for a bit but I'm afraid that I might go stir crazy before the end of the week. Lisa suggested that I go see a film in Newcastle but that would mean going alone and that's strictly against my policy for watching films. Apparantly it's quite liberating but I've only ever seen it as lonely. Maybe I need to change my perspective.

In other news I received a piece of mysterious mail today. A letter addressed to me had been delivered to the wrong address so the neighbors brought it by this afternoon and all that was inside was a little English/American dictionary. No letter or anything. The post mark said it had been sent from Tyneside but that doesn't really help me out at all. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me I am using to many "American" words and I need to learn the "English" equivalent instead. I'm not sure if I should be offended or not because I'm not even American!! This is exactly the sort of thing that will annoy me until I figure it out.

Does anyone have any clues?

3 comments:

tmosh said...

Hmmm sounds like you may have a week of super-sluthing on your hands!
So sad we kept missing your phone calls!! Maybe one day we will connect : )
love ya Jenny

.leanne said...

good luck with the mystery -- try doing a movie solo but my advice is break in easy, start with a matinee -- there's no need to do a friday or saturday night alone -- whether you find it liberating or not you will be able to say "this one time i went to a movie alone..." it'll be good for ya
xo

Steve said...

Hmm, 'fraid I've no idea who the dictionary came from, but "An American Dictionary in Morpeth" sounds like the title for a scary movie! Maybe you should go and see it, although I think it's definitely better to see scary movies with someone else, or even better, send them to see it for you! :-)

I've been to the movies a few times on my own. The first was to see "Jaws-3D" with the fancy 3D glasses on - I'm sure the promo line should have been "You too can look a complete dweeb!"
The most recent time was to see the latest "Hulk" movie, which was a bit disappointing, but the craziest was when I was a teenager and went to see "2010 - Odyssey Two" - the sequel to "2001 - A Space Odyssey" Not only did I go alone, but I had the entire theatre to myself. A very novel experience indeed - ever tried throwing popcorn at yourself? :-)

Anyway, my lone cinema experiences aside, I hope you find some suitably entertaining ways to fill your time. You could try visiting http://www.funology.com/ - The science of having fun!