Saturday, October 14, 2006

Very Post Thanksgiving Post

(That was a very "my Dad" title...)

I know, I know, I really should blog more...it's a great outlet and it's a great way to share with those interested what's happening in my life. I'm sorry this post is dated by a week but better late than never!

Last Thanksgiving Steve, Heather and I set out to prepare a Thanksgiving meal together. (mmmmmmmmmmmmm Turkey and stuffing!!!!!) Last Christmas Steve and Heather came to join us and so they know how much I love turkey. We were driving downtown Ottawa looking for an Indian spice market so we could make some decent curry when I half conciously began to think about turkey. My excitement spilled over a bit as I said "mmmmmmm turkey!" and repeated turkey about 3 times really fast!! I felt a pretty embarassed as Phil, Steve and Heather looked at me in silence and suddenly burst out laughing. Oops, but what can I say? A full turkey dinner with my Mom's stuffing.........

Anyway on Saturday we had gutted a pumpkin and were roasting it in the oven, (unfortunately England does not do canned pumpkin that I know about yet so we had to make a pumpkin pie from scratch), and Steve and I were in the middle of scraping the flesh into a bowl to put in the blender when all of a sudden there was this knocking on the window. I jumped a bit because I was pretty startled and saw this face looking in! It took me a few minutes to register what was going on but suddenly I recognised the face and it was Russell!! I was very surprised and shocked because he wasn't supposed to be coming to Morpeth for the weekend and I don't think I knew what to say for about 10 minutes. He'd conspired with Steve and Heather to surprise me by coming up for Thanksgiving. It was a great surprise!

Anyway we had our meal Sunday afternoon and Ben joined us as well. It was delecious and we all shared things we were thankful for. Here's a few pictures:









We really do have so much to be thanksful for. That's something that I feel God has been teaching me lately. I have this bad habbit sometimes of forgetting to say thank you for things. I'm thankful inside but sometimes I forget to actually let the people around me know and I think it's probably the same with God. I'm so thankful for all He's done in my life but sometimes I forget to tell Him. He deserves to hear it because He's done so much.

They say it takes 10 days to form a habbit. I'm going to try my best to make sure I thank God at least once each day for 10 days and see how it changes my perspective on things.

No comments: