Sunday, June 26, 2005

All by myself...except for the flies!

Well, the wonderful people, whom I had the privelege of getting to know this past year, have finally left for Canada today! Steve and Heather Bellegulle have been such a blessing in my life over the past year. They invited me into their home and made me a part of their family. They also managed to put up with me throwing pasta and other various food items at them as well as me breaking the lock on their freezer. They were also great at listening and giving Godly advice throughout my adventure here in Enlgand this year. I think they should be highly commended. As highly commended as a couple can be! I'm going to miss them a lot.

This morning we drove them to the airport in Glasgow, Scotland and said our farewells. This was visit number three to the Glasgow airport in the space of one month! Although it was sad I at least had the knowledge that I will see them again in three weeks when I go to Lloydminster. That is a major comfort. I also didn't really have time to dwell too much on their departure since as soon as we waved them off I was wisked to IKEA with Rachel, Vikki and Beth. IKEA is an easily distracting place as there are so many things to see and admire. After a turbo visit we managed to hit the road and tackle the three hour drive back to Morpeth.

On returning home I was expecting to find my house empty but I was sadly mistaken. To my utter horror it had been invaded by an army of flies! I'm not kidding! There had to be at least 25 flies flying around in the house. In the living room, the bathroom upstairs and in Steve and Heather's room! GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! I can handle the one odd fly. I really don't mind them on their own, but 25! In an English row house (that's pretty small). Those who know me, know that I have pretty good aim when it comes to insects. Krystal Mercer, and Shawna Seitz have experienced my wrath against moths and Lisa knows about flies. She had the experience of sharing a room with me while we were in Kendal. Two flies managed to invade our room and within 10 minutes they were dead with me standing over them. Lisa was also a key witness to a fly that was scrounging food at one of our youth services. He paid for his crime with his life. His death was an ugly one. He was slammed by a shoe and then dropped into the dish-water by my accomplice Sheena. Lisa wasn't too pleased as she was the one washing the dishes and this fly was a particularly ugly and fat one!

So back to the flies in my house - I took off one of my sandals and one by one I got them all. It wasn't too hard as most of them had gathered at the windows. After they fell I got out the vacume and went over the carpets. Killing them is one thing...picking them up afterwards is another. I decided that since the carpets needed a good vacuming that it was an opportune time to do some cleaning. Afterwards I found one lone fly in the kitchen but I didn't kill it, I opened the window and directed him to it. I figured that after seeing the masacre I'd let one go to tell the others not to bother coming in as they were not welcome.

So now, after all that, I truely am alone in the house. That is of course until Lisa moves in this week. She came by tonight and dropped off some of her things and should be bringing more stuff as the week comes along.

Anyway, it's getting late and I have to go do some RE lessons in the morning!
Bye for now

Jenny*

No comments: