Friday, June 24, 2005

Let's Try This Again

Alright, after a pretty weak attempt at blogging, I am going to try this again. I've found it a bit hard because really I have no idea who reads anything I write. And when I don't know who's reading, I'm not sure who I'm writing for and I really don't know what to write.

Life in England is going well. Things have been very busy! In fact I would have to say that the last 3 years of my life have been busy. I've been on the go for 3 years! Two years with Team Canada, which is not exactly a vacation, and a year in England doing youth work. I'm very much looking forward to coming back to Canada for the summer. I was trying to arrange it so that I could reapply for my visa while I was still over here but unfortunately you have to be in your own country to do that. At first I was a bit bummed because it meant that I couldn't go to my wonderful friend Fiona's wedding, but then I decided that it will be a really good thing to visit my friends and family who I haven't seen for a whole year! I haven't been able to make it to so many people's weddings this year! It's a bit annoying being so far away when everyone's getting married. I'm still sad that I won't make it to Fi's wedding but there's some good coming out of the situation.

I arrive in Canada on the 16th of July. In Calgary to be exact and then I'm driving to Lloydminster. I am not coming alone, I am bringing English people with me! This year one of the things I've been working on is getting a team of youth together to do a mission in Canada. We're in Lloyd for one week and then Southend for another doing VBS (Vacation Bible Schools). After that we have a week or so to do some traveling and then they all go back and I stay. I'm looking forward to being on my own turf where they'll be the one's who have the accent not me! Although...some people from Canada say that I have picked up a slight English lilt to the way I speak. I'm sure that will be removed once I'm back on Canadian soil!

Anyway I suppose I should head off. This has seemed like a very general blog to me. Maybe I'll get more specific the more I do it. I just thought that maybe I should give some background information about what I'm doing...I also have a blog and some pictures at
http://spaces.msn.com/members/jmostar/
for anyone who wants to check things out there.

Until next time, and hopefully that's sooner than later

Jenny-Beth*

1 comment:

Norma Jean said...

awwww I love you Jenny ....and ill most definately read your blog. Take care hun and ill talk toyou soon