Thursday, June 30, 2005

Conspiracy of the minimally intelligent

So, since last Sunday, to my relief the fly problem in my house has subsided a great deal. However the odd fly does keep appearing every now and then. Sometimes just one, sometimes they're in pairs...I think that slowly they are trying to overtake me but I can stick it out. I'm only here for another 2 and a half weeks. I do think that they are grouping together though and what happened yesterday supports my suspicion a great deal!

Right here's is what happened:

17:00 I pulled up to my house after work via a lift home from Mike. (That was very nice of him)
note* He was then taking Lisa to the garage where she was going to pick up her car

17:02 I was at my back door opening it with my key and waving good bye to Mike and Lisa

17:03 I walked in put my bags of groceries, my purse (which contained my mobile phone), and
my diary on the table.

17:04 A fly flew past my head into the coat room I then followed to open the outside door and
let it outside, and the handle of the kitchen door came off in my hand. (No! I did not break
it, it was like that long before I moved in to live with Steve and Heather)

17:05 I put the handle back in the door and went into the coat room to trap the fly. The kitchen
door swung shut behind me.

17:06 I open the outside door, let the fly out and turn around to go back into the kitchen....to
find that the handle on the other side wasn't put back in properly and I can't get back
into the kitchen. I realize that I am locked out, into my coat room and I do not have a
front door key to get in the other side of the house...or my phone to call Ben or Lisa who
each have a spare key to the house. I also do not have my diary which contains the
numbers of any other helpful people!! I'd left my purse containing these items on the
table!

17:08 I walk to Ben's house to see if he's home. This proves negative.

17:13 I walk back home and see Bob, my neighbor, and ask if I may borrow his phone.

17:16 I am at trying desperately to get a hold of either Mike or Lisa who as we noted above were not home yet because Mike took Lisa to the garage to get her car.

17:30 I get through to Lisa and arrange for her to come and rescue me

17:37 Lisa arrives with a front door key and I make it back safely into my house.

These are the events that lead me to believe that there is a conspiracy against me. I did also notice that some of the fruit in my kitchen has started to go rather ripe and I'm thinking that this may be what is attracting flies. I am now also reminded that it is the night to put the garbage bins outside and I best go and do that before it gets too late. I believe that upon this revelation I will have to end my blog here. Until next time...unless I am turned out of my house again.....

*note I would just like to let you know that the circumstances above may have been slightly over dramatized but I have a theory and that is that if you're going to tell people about your life you might as well make the stories interesting and worth telling. It's all part of leaving a legacy. That and making life interesting whilst living on your own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny.. I haven't read the post yet - but wanted to tell you that I decided not to return to Master's again this fall... I am going to be living in Lakeland FL and working and going to school starting in Jan. So, that is exciting! I have alot of peace about it... it was hard for along time and then I realise that I just didn't have peace to return to Master's. So, that is it. I hope you are doing great! Love you! Love Monica