Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday Drivel

So it's a Friday morning, oh, wait, correction, it's a Friday afternoon (it just turned 12:00) and as like most Fridays I came into work a bit later because we have an evening youth club in Pegswood. So I've come into work this morning and done a little checking of the email and a little checking of people's blogs and a little chatting with my co-worker Lisa. The chatting is a bit challenging because I've had a sore throat lately and today my voice decided to imitate that of a dying toad. It's quite amusing to answer the phone with though.

During the checking of the blogs I discovered a link that I hadn't tried on one of Tanys' posts: sloganizer.net and I thought that I'd give it a try. It was great fun and very entertaining and I think that Jenny is a great name to stick in any slogan!

So I'm at this site and I'm coming up with all sorts of interesting slogans and it's very entertaining. Here's a few the site came up with for my name...I'll be taking votes to see which is the best one starting now, please have your pin pads ready!

«Jenny, the secret of women.»
«Jenny - go for the game.»
«It must be Jenny.»
«Everyone loves Jenny.»
«You can't beat Jenny.»
«The age of Jenny.»
«Jenny it's a kind of magic.»
«Up, up and away with Jenny.»

The list continues until I stumble upon a slogan which inspires great thought:

«Jenny, the only style»

At this slogan I start to ponder a question which has stumped me over the ages or at least the last few years. What is my style? I've talked it over with Tanys a couple times and phrases like "dressy casual" and "preppy punk" have emmerged but they didn't seem to be clear enough. So, I thought then that I might visit dictionary.com and see what it says about style there, here are a few def'ns I found:

punk (pngk)n.
Slang.
A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.
An inexperienced young man.
Music.
Punk rock.
A punk rocker.

prep·py
A student or former student of a preparatory school.
A person whose manner and dress are deemed typical of traditional preparatory schools.

Casual
suited for everyday wear or use

Glamorous
adj : having an air of allure, romance and excitement

ret·ros
A fashion, decor, design, or style reminiscent of things past.

vintage
Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic

Rocker
a fan of rock and roll music

Mod
An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s.

Trendies
One who is drawn to and represents the latest trends

There are so many! Perhaps too many! Anyway just some random thoughts that arose from some internet Malarky...

...what's your style?

3 comments:

Norma Jean said...

i would say im vintage. Ive always just been a jeans and t-shirt classic kinda girl. I don't know..what do you think Mosher?

tmosh said...

i vote for << Jenny it's a kind of magic >> sounds like a song from the 70's, not unlike 867-5309....Jenny i got your number...

Steve said...

I think it has to be
'Up, up and away with Jenny'
which I think sounds like it could have been a song by Rod, Jane and Freddy on the children's television show Rainbow.
As for clothing - it's jeans and t-shirt for me too Norma, I never wear dresses or the skirt and blouse look myself :-)