Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pieces of Wisdom

Last week I went Tamworth and was able to visit the lovely friends that I have down there. It was great fun and nice to get away from work for a bit. I was able to do some shopping, see some films and I even went bowling one evening (without disaster for those of you who know the secret of my grade 8 past)

While in Tamworth I also learned some valuable pieces of wisdom which I'm sure I will carry with me in life forever more:

1. 4 out of 5 people find my honey trap lip balm revolting the 4 of the 5 being males

2. Washing your hands in the middle of the night is not a good idea as you may knock the toothbrush holder into the sink and break it

3. Wine is much more bearable if you are tired.
(to clarify any confusion regarding that statement, Fiona took me to a Dorothy Perkins ladies night where we shopped after hours and they served wine while you wandered the store. I usually can't stand the taste of wine but having dozed off in the car on the way my taste buds weren't fully functioning and it didn't taste as horrible as i usually find it)

4. You have to be very careful when using certain words that could double as an innuendo, especially around English people because they will automatically pick up the innuendo and think that's what you meant!

5. Always make sure that your young persons rail card is up to date when traveling on the train!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

That all sounds like fun (with the exception of breaking the toothbrush holder). Good show!

tmosh said...

yes agreed! but dave wants to know why the toothbrush holder was made of glass..,
lol

Jenny said...

It was made of porcelain or something like that. It didn't shatter, just a piece broke off of it.

Courtney said...

Don't feel bad I've done that before :)

kristin janzen said...

jenny i hope that you said hello to karen for me while you were in tamworth! she is the lady i stayed with many years ago when i was there!

Jenny said...

They were most definitely trying it from the pot!!!!

Jenny said...

I could write a book, Andy, with the amount of times I've said something and people have picked up on an innuendo that I didn't mean to imply.