Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quotes and a Recap

I found some funny quotes online today and thought I'd post a few:

  • I frankly felt like the reception we received on the way in from the airport was very warm and hospitable. And I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave -- with all five fingers -- for their hospitality. -- George W. Bush
  • I love gentiles. In fact, on of my favorite activities is Protestant spotting. -- Mel Brooks
  • You cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in. - Author Unknown
  • A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married. - H. L. Mencken

The last quote is going out to my friend Shawn who has recently been engaged. Ha, no, I'm just kidding. A big congratulations to Shawn!

This past week has been pretty full, not necessarily busy, just full. Makes a bit of a change and I've actually gotten out! Some of the high lights include going to the beach Saturday with Tim, Anna, Francesca, and Tim's family. It was gorgeous out and we went walking in the sand and played cricket. Yep I learned the interesting sport of cricket. I'm not really sure if I still understand everything about it but I'm a lot closer now. The sky was beautiful as we were there towards the evening. A very good place for one to go and have a time to think or reflect.

Saturday evening I went to a gig. A band made up of doctors that Tim and Anna work with were playing a gig to raise money for a charity called PALZ. It was good fun. There was a raffle and I won a "my first jewellrey box," very precious! There was also dancing and Anna, Sophie and I ended up singing backup to Mustang Sally with the band. Tim was telling me last night that the guy he works with that was playing the guitar complemented us on our singing and harmonies and asked if I was a friend of Sophie's. I laughed, that's the 2nd time in a week someone has thought I was in high school. One girl thought I was 18 and now someone else thought I was 16. I'm not complaining though, if this keeps up I can look 25 when I'm 35!!

Yesterday I painted all day and it was great! I made a prayer wall for people to post their prayers on at the school today. It's international pray for schools day in the UK and Europe. I think it's similar to SYATP in Canada. It felt good to get artsy again and I was pleased with how the wall turned out. If I get a picture anytime soon I'll post it for people to see.

Another humerous story happened last Thursday. I was in Morrisons (formerly Safeway) buying a drink and I was standing in the queue waiting my turn when all of a sudden I heard this voice in my ear saying --"Everything's two for one these days...I hear they're doing that with slaves down in the Carribean!" I'm pretty sure I jumped in shock and I turned and there was this old man grinning at me. I just kinda smiled and nodded and crept closer to the person in front of me. Then he turned to me and started talking about Lord Lichfield who never did a day's work in his life. I had no idea what he was talking about! Finally I paid for my drink and left slightly weirded out. You get some odd characters some days!

So that's me in a nutshell! Will see if this week holds any other interesting moments or stories.
Ta

3 comments:

Steve said...

So you understand Cricket, WOW, can you explain it to me. I played it for two years at school and still don't understand it! :-)

As for looking old, it seems the more you hang out with youth the more you remain young. Just look at Heather, they still ask if she's old enough to do a survey, and she's ### years old! Also, people can never believe we've been married for 14 years - enjoy looking young, it's great. Take that from a 35 year old who seems to keep surprising people.
More important though is feeling and acting young. You can be an old codger at 25 or a spring chicken at 65. I can't really imagine you acting old and so you won't seem it!

Thanks for sharing about Mr. Two-Fer-One, maybe you should point him out to the Morrisons advertising group :-)

By the way, that photo of you, Heather and the Moose is probably my favourite of you and Heather. Thanks for blogging it, it always makes me smile.

Looking forward to seeing you five weeks today - YAY!

Pyrobutterfly said...

Please accept my apologies Jenny, I forgot what day of the week it was completly so missed the prayer day stuff - I'll make it up to you guys at some point thats a promise
Yours in randomness!
RandomGoth

.leanne said...

ahhh the stalking quote -- now that's funnnnny!