Thursday, March 23, 2006

Recovery

I'm back at work after 4 days off ill. I really haven't been that sick in a long time. I've been off one or two days here and there but not for four days straight. It's been really hard actually for a couple reasons.

First of all I'm not used to being ill. I was ill during the youth service we did in December but I managed to get out to part of it at least. This time I was confined to my bed with a temperature of 39 (102) for two days straight and had no appetite whatsoever. I guess maybe I've gotten to feel that I'm a bit invincible and it's always hard when you find out your not. In fact, I was half bragging to Sophie and Fran on Saturday evening that I hadn't been really ill for like 2 years and then -bam- that night I'm down lol.

Second of all I'm not used to sitting around doing nothing, I'm used to pushing myself to limits. After doing Team Canada for two years and another 18 months of youth work here you just get used to working like crazy and not slowing down. When forced to actually stop I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried to come into work yesterday because I was feeling a bit better but had to go back home. I'm just not used to not working!

It's probably a good thing I was forced to take some time off though because everything seems to be happening at once and I'm starting to feel a bit edgy about it all. Basically I've got two weeks left to prepare before I go to Capernwray and in that two weeks I've also got to try and make some swift decisions about this summer and how things are going to work out for next year (I've decided to come back again for those of you who didn't know.) Plus on top of that there are few other things on my mind that would not be prudent to blog about but they're things that are there and they're adding to the mass!

I was able to talk with my mom last night and that was really good. I miss her very much. She told me to just relax and take a deep breath, everything would work out and God has his hand on the situation. Sometimes all it takes is the most simple truth to bring a stop to anxiety.

I'm also heading down to Tamworth for a bit before I head off to Capernwray which will be nice, a bit of a breather where I don't have to work before I go off and a chance to clear some air.

Anyway I'd best get back to the British High Commission. You'd think I'd have committed their website to memory by now, but I still have to keep going back to look things up! I don't understand why I can't just be accepted without a visa, we still have the Queen on our money in Canada, how loyal is that?

1 comment:

tmosh said...

Hey Zazu
Glad to hear you are feeling well again!
Hope those developments in England are working out for your next project!