Friday, March 17, 2006

Shamrocks And All That Jazz

A little bit of Irish history for you all on St. Patricks day

I came downstairs and said "Happy St. Patricks Day" to Anna and Sophie and they both looked at me and went "who??" I couldn't believe it. Back home we always had St. Patrick's Day parties at school and we all would wear green and eat cookies shaped like shamrocks. Perhaps we just overdo most holidays in North America...I dunno. It was always good fun though!

(This link is not actually about St. Patrick but the Blarney Stone. St. Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland and also drove out all the snakes. I did a project on him when i was in grade 9. I thought this would be fun though. I think that a family ancestor of mine must have kissed the Blarney Stone because there is a definite "gift of gab" in my family!)

(http://www.sacredsites.com/europe/ireland/blarney_stone.html)

2 comments:

tmosh said...

ehhh i wanna gaaaab! Happy St Patty's Day J!
(maybe the UK is too posh for St Patty? ; ) after all he was irish )

Jenny said...

Ireland is still part of the UK. Part of Ireland anyway. No excuses for the English :)

And I'd love to gaaaab! lol