Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh what to write? The possibilities are endless I'm sure although limited to some point.

Tonight I'm going into Newcastle with a bus full of young people to an event called ixth hour. Usually this event is held on a Sunday evening but tonight is a special occasion because Mike Pilavachi will be speaking. I've never heard him speak before but I've heard he's very good and I'm looking forward to hearing him. I suppose there's hope for me after all! :)

Another reason I'm excited about this evening is because in going to ixth hour I will not have to go to Peg it, the regular youth club we run on a Friday evening. I will be working later tonight but it's a change of scenery and that will be nice. I like changes of scenery every once in a while. I guess you could say that I suffer from "itchy feet" syndrome although that's a whole other post in itself.

Anyway that being said, I'm looking forward to Capernwray in like 2 weeks! AHH! I can't believe it's come so soon! I do not feel ready at all lol. I'm mentally ready to go but physically I have not even started to think about packing or anything like that. I really probably should!

Tomorrow I'm going to a Ceilidh that we're putting on as a fundraiser for the team going to Canada this summer. I have never been to a Ceilidh before so I'm sure it will be an experience. I'll try to remember to bring my camera so I can take pictures to possibly post. Basically it's like a big barn dance!

Next week Mike and Lisa are going off to Swanick and leaving me hear on my own! It's ok though because when they get back on Friday I'm leaving and going to Tamworth until Wednesday!

Anyway I'm going to go home and have some tea (supper) before I have to head off to Newcastle. Sorry for the boring-ness of this post. I'm sure I will have exciting things to write about soon!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow that was a very English post. Like what the heck is ixth hour? Is that ninth hour?

I have never called supper "tea", either. But... I am one quarter Welsh, so maybe I should do it just for fun?

I realize that this question will sound quite ignorant and that all your British friends who read this blog are probably all laughing at me by now, but do you meet Welsh people in England? If so, do they have an accent and what does it sound like??? Seriously Jenny!! Have you?!

By the way I'm very happy that your life sounds so exciting!! Have fun at Capernwray!