Tuesday, April 04, 2006

An Evening of Leisure

That's Lee-sure for Canadians and Leh-sure for the English.

Yesterday afternoon I was in the office on my own while Mike was off doing whatever he does and Lisa was getting herself a chocolate back massage. "ooooh! A chocolate back massage! What's that??" you ask. Well it's a back massage where they pour pure cocoa onto your back and rub it in! How awesomely amazing does it sound? So while she was getting her massage I was thinking to myself how I could really use something like that after the stressful weekend we just had and how I haven't had a back massage in almost 2 years...that's much too long! Suddenly the phone rang and it was Anne Moore - one of the ladies in my church. She was looking for someone else but when she couldn't get a hold of them she suddenly asked "Well Jenny, are you free this evening?"

"Free for what excatly?"
I was thinking. Mondays are usually my evening off during the week and I didn't really want to sign up for anything that involved work.

"Free for an evening of pampering at a spa! My treat!" She said! It did not take much convincing to accept her offer!

It was so wonderful. I went with Anne and her daughter Deb and another girl Kirsten from Australia who's recently come to Morpeth to work with International China Concern. We went to a spa in Longframlington called Dene House Farm Cottages and when we arrived we were told to change into our bathing suits and were then brought to a private room with lounging chairs and given robes to wear. We were then brought glasses of whatever we wanted to drink and we chose our free treatment for the evening. We had a choice of a manicure, pedicure, facial, or back massage. Our choices were written down and we were told we'd be called throughout the evening to receive them. Until then we had free use of the pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub or we could sit and read magazines. We were also brought a tray of chocolates and served supper later on which was a selection of quiches, crisps and dip, cheeses and crackers, salad, and other tray like foods. For Dessert we were brought a toffee pavlova (mmmmmmmmmmm) and hagan daas ice cream!!!

It was such a relaxing evening! I was so blessed to have been treated to it. We didn't end up leaving until 11 and when Anne went to pay they wouldn't accept payment for Kirsten and I!
What an absolute blessing!

(pictures to be added to this post soon)

4 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Jenny,
That is so wonderful, I really am so pleased for you. You deserve a bit of pampering, and to be given it as a gift is icing on the cake. Isn't God good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yhat sounds awesome. Glad that you had a good time to relax - what a blessing. That should set you up for the week.
Talk to you soon.

Norma Jean said...

oh man ..im so jealous....that would be soo amazing ...my mouth was watering at your listing off of supperand dessert.....mmm....but i agree with steve you do deserve it ...Love ya

tmosh said...

fancy smchancy! glad you got pampered!!