Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Blahs and The Bliss

Christmas is over, the new year has come and is now starting to go and Russell has gone back to England...I have to admit life seems a bit mundane now. My ring is in being sized at the moment so it will be fun when I get it back but I'd rather have Russell back. The plan at the moment is to stick around home for a while and see if I can get a job to get a few $$ behind me. I'm thinking with a wedding to plan for now it would help to have a bit of money saved up in the bank. I hear they're expensive affairs.

I applied at Indigo, Starbucks, Kelseys, The Red Dot and Scotiabank today...hopefully I hear something from someone. I'll probably go out again tomorrow armed with more resumes. I forgot how lousy looking for a job can be! Especially when you've had one you've loved and now you're just trying to find one for the soul purpose of earning money and not necessarily for the fulfillment it brings.

Ecclesiastes 3:1,11
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Proverbs 3:6
Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight.

I'm trying my best to remember these things during this time. It's just a season and I have so much to look forward too. I just need to remember there is a purpose in this time as well as everything that I'm looking so forward to. sigh

On a really fun note, however, I manged to get free tickets to The Palace Bridal Show in Ottawa this past weekend and my Mom and I made it for the last day. It was a lot of fun! I entered a draw for some fantastic prizes (which I didn't win) and we saw a fashion show of wedding dresses, suits, and some lingerie. I was able to enter some smaller draws for free makeup, and other wedding type things. It was such a fun atmosphere! I got really excited thinking "I get to think about all these things for MY wedding!!!!"

I've been online a couple evenings with Tanys discussing wedding dresses. Here's a few pictures of one's I found that I really like. I'm sure they cost a fortune but I'm having so much fun looking!




Aren't they pretty???? I can't wait to start trying them on!

Oh...I almost forgot, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

3 comments:

Russ said...

I love the dresses darling. They look pricey!!

Don't think that you are just there to earn cash baby. God has a purpose for your being in Canada at this time. I will be praying that God shows you the conversations he wants you to have, the friendships he wants you to make and the places he needs you to be to fulfil the things that he can only do through Jenny Mosher in Canada in 2007. That's really exciting isn't it! I will also pray for the dentists appointment!

Love you.
x

Karyn said...

Super fun Benny Jeth! I dig the first dress!

Steve said...

Hey Jenny,
I know it's not on the same level as you missing Russ, but we're missing having you around here, it's sort of a bit empty and a bit quiet.

It's still amazing to think you're getting married and are going to be making all sorts of preparations and stuff and then that you're going to spend the rest of your life together with Russ - marriage is definitely one of God's best ideas!! :-)

It's so cool that you can look at dresses with Tanys even though she's 1500 miles from you - is that amazing or what!

I'm glad you enjoyed the bridal show although I must say it's not my cup of tea, but I'd probably still rather do that than have my wisdom teeth out - I hope it went okay and pray that you get over it quickly.

I hope the job hunting brings success quickly, and as Russ said, your focus may be to earn money but God does have a purpose for you in it all. You don't know how many people's day you might make simply by serving them in a caring way and giving them one of your beautiful smiles!

Talking of work, I'd better get back to mine but we'll call soon - we'll try to do so on the weekend if not before.

God bless you and lots of love,
Steve

PS - Please excuse about the super-long comment!!