Saturday, January 20, 2007

Decisions

Decisions. Life is full of them.

As I posted earlier I went for a job interview at Starbucks which I was pretty excited about. I thought to myself "hey! Starbucks seems like a great place to work!" But since having a really good interview and feeling like I probably could have a job there if i wanted to I was granted the opportunity for another interview with an organization called Christian Horizons . They provide support and care for people who have developmental disabilities. The position I'd be applying for is a support worker in a home for whatever type of people are in the home. That interview also went really well and I was asked back for a second one this coming Monday. The only problem was Starbucks called today to say they'd like to hire me. Time for a decision....what do I do? Out of the two I really feel that I'd like to work at Christian Horizons...but I don't know yet if I actually have a job there. Starbucks also seems like a great place to work and I have the chance right in front of me to take a job and start right away....I do need the money. What do I do? So, I called Starbucks back and asked if it would be possible to give them an answer next week. It's not possible. They need the answer right away. I want to still go to my 2nd interview with Christian Horizons. I have to make a decision and I do. I say thank you very much to Starbucks but I'm afraid I can't give them a definite answer but maybe if they're still hiring in the future I'll reapply. Am I crazy? Did I make a bad decision? I don't know. I guess time will tell. I'm just trusting God that everything will work out as it should even through my human-ness of decision making. I trust that whether or not I do get a job with Christian Horizons that things will work out as they should, through His plans and His timing in my life.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

5 comments:

tmosh said...

i'm sure it will be all good however it turns out! keep us posted on the monday interview :)

Steve said...

Hey Jenny,
Well I know you'll have committed your decision to the Lord and that He won't let you down.
Know that we're praying for you, and as Tanys says do let us know how it goes tomorrow.
Blessings!

Unknown said...

I think you made a good decision, as much as I like their coffee, Starbucks still have some questionable fairtrade policies. Hope you got the job, sounds like a much better place to work.

Russ said...

Go girl!! Congratulations on getting the job. I always thought that if you had gone to Starbucks it would have been a waste of material.

I Love You.

Me
x

Steve said...

Hey Jenny,
Sounds like you got the job at Christian Horizons! Well done and praise God!! I must admit my sentiments are the same as Russell.

Hmm, that could be misinterpreted! I simply meant the comment about it being a waste if you'd got the job at Starbucks! :-)

Do let us know when you start.

God bless and a big well done hug :-)