Thursday, August 25, 2005

Guts

They say that if you have cats, one way to tell that they actually like you, is through the amount of presents they leave on your doorstep. Presents being small prey that they've caught while they've been out on the prowl.

My cats must really love me!

I came out of the back door of my house today to do some tanning in the back yard and nearly stepped on a dead bird and a frog. I thought the frog was alive until I realized that while his front half was perfectly intact the back half of him had been smeared into the step. Not a very pleasant sight. Since I spotted these poor animals that had been masticated by my cats it was my job to get the shovel and throw them away. It was a bit of a job to scoop them up onto the shovel without actually touching them and it was rather grim. I had to detach my mind from what I was actually doing.

Later on I was outside taking down the laundry that had been drying for my mom and what did I spot as I was heading back inside? A dead mouse in the exact same place the bird had been. Ohh the poor animals!! So I made a bit of a fuss and yelled about it and then had to go get the shovel when my mom says "oh can you get the bird head and wings from the front path as well?" YUCK!!! I carried FOUR animals to the back grass today!

I'm really hoping that I never have to do that again. It was one of the most unpleasant things ever!

Maybe I should look into getting a dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your hassles with small dead creatures, sounds worse than clearing out the basement here!
Maybe yout cats thought you liked the dead crickets that Steve and your mom have been leaving you and got their own ideas?
I was talking to Verna and Lorne who were saying that their cat catches the creatures and then the dog plays with them until they're dead - lovely ~:|
Can't say I've heard a story like that before, but a dog MAY not be the perfect solution and it may hassle the cats, and then you'd be unhappy about that as well as the dead small creatures. I s'pose you could exchange the cats for a fish... ><> (bloop, bloop)
Fed up with smelling sewer water from the basement, but a smile and lotsa love anyway,
Steve :-)

tmosh said...

eeeewwww, dogs are wonderful, but at times cats can be pretty darn cute with alot smaller poop, that is when they are killing you with the allergens in their hair....

Anonymous said...

what a waste! you soooooooooo should have made a frog stew or rat and peanut butter cookies out of the wonderful ingredients the cat was getting for you!
eesh! so ungrateful, he was only trying to help!