Saturday, August 13, 2005

Life...or something like it

I have sucessfully made it back to our Nations Capital after 3 intense weeks in Saskatchewan and Alberta and a quick stop in Saskatoon. I still think I'm trying to mentally process everything that has happened in the past month, maybe even the past year. It really has flown by! However, in the midst of my processing I do have a few adventures that I can share with the 2 or 3 of you who actually do read this blog. They are nothing compared to what Kristy-Anne seems to be up to lately, she seems to be turning into quite a "dodgy character" (to use an English phrase), but I shall share them anyway.

Adventure no. 1 takes place in none other than Calgary, Alberta. We arrived at the church me and the team from England would be staying at over the next couple of nights to discover that the youth would be doing a game of fear factor that night. They had set out a container of super worms and a plastic bag of grasshoppers/locusts (I'm not an expert so I'm not really sure if they were grasshoppers or locusts but I do know that they were still alive!) After we had loaded our things into the church and put them away we were standing around these insects randomly chatting and I went ahead and jokingly said "well I'll eat one if someone pays me!" That was a rather silly thing to say because next thing I know I am being asked how much money would be required for me to follow through with this statement. I foolishly blurted out "$5!" but realizing how little an amount that was to eat something live and crawling I quickly upped the stakes to $10. (Thinking back now I realize that I should have stated the amount in pounds since I was standing in the midst of English citizens but I was not that quick on my toes at the time.) Before I knew it there was $10 in change on the table as different people made contributions and I was faced with the reality of actually eating a live grasshopper/locust! So Pastor Lyle fished one out of the bag and handed it to me and I'm afriad that I was acutally quite girly and as soon as it jumped while I was holding it I screached and let it go! It was picked up for me and again I screached and dropped it. The third time I just cupped in my hands and I figured that I'd just better go for it so I threw it in my mouth, hopped and chewed rapidly and got it over with as soon as I could. Honestly, it was not that bad! It didn't taste horrible at all, a bit tangy, and the worst part was that one of the legs got stuck in my teeth. Steve took a very flattering picture of me as well! Maybe I'll post it one day....

Adventure no 2 takes place in Saskatoon Tuesday afternoon I went to the mall in Saskatoon with Steve, Heather, Tanys and Phil and Tanys and I needed to go to the washroom so we found them upstairs and went in. I finished before Tanys and was waiting outside and thought that it would be a great idea to try and make Tanys jump when she came out. Well, not wanting to scare some random person I stuck my head around the corner just to see where Tanys was at and she was drying her hands so I figured she would be the next person out. The dryer finished blowing and I heard her coming and as she walked around the corner I went "raaaaa" and threw my hands up! It was great.....the only thing was.....it wasn't Tanys!!! It was this very sweet, innocent, very young pregnant lady!!! I felt sooooo bad!! I explained that I was trying to scare Tanys who happened to be coming just behind this lady and was laughing so hard at me! The lady kind of just nervously laugh and walked away. I felt soooo silly!

Adventure no 3: My two brothers, Tanys, Steve and Heather and I were in the park across from Tanys' parents taking some pictures and I was wearing my favourite pair of jeans, the ones with all the holes in them. I was getting pretty bored of taking pictures and so inbetween I thought that it would be a good idea to try and do some cartwheels. I didn't get very far because right in the middle of the first one I heard this huge RIIIIIIIIIIPPPP and my jeans split all the way down my leg on the seam that runs up the inside!! I immedietly dropped to the ground on my stomache and was laughing really hard. No one else knew what was going on or paying attentiont to me anyway so they didn't know it had happend. They were trying to get me to get up and pose for another picture and didn't understand what was going on. I explained what had happened and why I couldn't move, I didn't really want to flash anyone so Steve ran across to the house and got me a blanket to wrap around. Well I looked like a granny in the pictures with this knitted blanket on my lap! It was pretty funny although I am very sad that my jeans are now completely unwearable :(

So those are just a few adventures so far. I thought they were some funny moments that might be appreciated. I think that I am going to end this blog here as it's already getting pretty long!

Love, Jenny*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bawhaha!The curse of the Mosher pants spliting happens again! Just to fill you in, you are not the 1st Mosher to have this unfourtunate mishap occur to you. I shall remind you of one June 28th,1999-a young David Mosher, trying to impress his new girlfriend on her 18th birthday by doing a Russian split jump before heading out for the night....alas split they did the favorite jeans of Dave.
Man, i love Mosher stories!