Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Postcard From England


(This picture was taken in Durham outside the Durham Cathedral. Aside from the Telephone booth there is also an English post box behind me. )


I'm afraid that nothing major has really happened lately. I did have a pretty busy weekend with Tim and Anna's party on Saturday night. There were about 40 people in the house, mainly older couples who I didn't really know. I was able to have a couple good conversations with people and it was fun to get dressed up!

Sunday I went to Durham with Anna to attend the Epiphany service at Durahm Cathedral. It's the oldest Cathedral in England and it's pretty big! The service was beautiful and very traditional with the processions and incense. The choir was amazing and I loved listening to them!


Yesterday I finished work a bit early and went into Newcastle with Judy to see King Kong. I really enjoyed it. I'd heard from several people that it was a bit longer than it needed to be, but I thought it was really good and didn't find it too slow. We went to Pizza Hut afterwards (mmmmmmm) and sat and talked. It was nice to just get out and be social and talk with someone about life. I really do miss the opportunities to do that like I was able to in Canada.

We have 4 assemblies this week at a middle school nearby and I've learned a magic trick to perform. I was a bit nervous the first time I tried and I was scared I was going to mess it up but it went ok!

I have a pretty regular week ahead from here so I'm not anticipating too much excitement. I will definitly write about any interesting happenings if they happen!

JMo*

2 comments:

.leanne said...

sometimes excitment is over rated... i would welcome a normal week. I just pulled a pipe out of my wall (i don't reccomend you try it) and now i can't get it back in.

medstudent said...

Jenny-Beth you are positively smokin! I miss you girl.

Love always