Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hello my name is _____ and I have an addiction...

...well, no, not really, I just thought that it sounded like a catchy title. I do not nearly straighten my hair as much as I used to. I used to have a routine where every Friday after school I'd come home and straighten my hair before youth group and it used to be the only way I ever did my hair when it was down. Later on I realised that wavy hair could be worked with and there was such a thing as a diffuser which is equally as great as the straightner, although I don't know if I'm as affectionate about it.

I was first introduced to the hair straightner when I was just 16 years old, it was during a night of teenage girliness and beautifying at my friend Leanne's. My hair was straightened for the first time and I fell in love. Where had this device, that had the ability to turn my frizzy, puffy hair into soft sleekness, been all my life? --I'm sorry, I have the ability to go off on tangents of verbal rambling sometimes...there is a point for my reminicsing though I promise!

I'm living with a family this year while I'm in England and they have two girls ages 12 and 15. I'm having a great time living with them and I'm really enjoying the girls' company. I never had sisters, just 3 brothers, and I'm enjoying the experience. Anyway, a couple days ago Sophie, the 15 year old asked me if I would straighten her hair for her and I was more than happy to do it. I really do like doing people's hair and all that kind of girly stuff, I really think it's so much fun and love blessing people with anything like that. We had a great time and I felt like I got to know her a little more through it. When she came home from school and told me that everyone kept complimenting her on her hair I was totally thrilled.

I know it was just a little thing but sometimes when you can do a little thing that you really enjoy for someone else it really blesses you. I don't know if I'm getting across the meaning of what I'm really trying to say...but yeah, I know what I mean.

No comments: